When SeaFrance was formed, the UK management team had limited resource and needed to develop the attributes of a mature business quickly, despite being a virtual start-up company. Quadrant was asked to fulfill a variety of roles to help accelerate this process.
What did we do?
Over several years, assignments we were responsible for included:
- Designing marketing planning formats and preparing marketing plans for the company for its second and third trading years
- Reviewing alternative pricing strategies and recommending a route forward
- Creating new approaches for UK senior and middle management commercial processes, and for the contact centre to take account of the introduction of some automated services
- Liaising with the advertising agency to manage advertising research, design and prepare advertising briefs, and input to creative development
- Evaluating opportunities to improve returns from onboard retail and catering offers
What was the breakthrough for SeaFrance?
Quadrant’s work helped the SeaFrance management team build a strong and successful base in the short sea market, by building up passenger volumes from the UK. This has enabled SeaFrance management in France to continue investing in new ships, to maintain competitiveness versus the Tunnel and both established and new short sea ferry competitors.